Well hello peeps, I’ve been all out of kilter since getting back from holiday at the end of September. I’ve had a two bouts of flu that finally turned into sinusitis but the show must go on. In October I had a nice couple of days at the seaside delivering a maintenance course in Teignmouth, ploughed a groove in the road between High Wycombe and Oxford with multiple day courses, spent a week at Whitehall training MOD maintenance staff along with training in Leighton Buzzard and Kent. Also been covering courses for my old mate Ian Griffiths who broke his arm while mounting a one-man assault on a secret SMERSH base in Afghanistan. I made that last bit up actually, it was in Newport Pagnell.
Anyway, betwixt and between all that lot I have been developing some new training rigs and generally updating materials. I think a good trainer will always be trying to improve. For every course I run I never think “That was perfect, I’m such a star” I am more likely to be thinking “How can I make that better? How can I make that easier for the average person to take in?”
To help with this I have just finished off a rig that will allow candidates to undertake fault-finding in circuits while I switch breaks into circuit conductors. I hate to see candidates with beetling eyebrows showing that they don’t get the idea of “Half-Splitting”. I can now demonstrate this and get the candidates to try their hand as well.
Now then, let’s have a bit of a gripe about training. When I did my apprenticeship, I was a bit of a loose cannon. I wasn’t as mature as I should have been and wasn’t as smart as I should have been (no change there then) I can’t complain about the training I received at College as that was first class and left a deep impression on me. But with the benefit of hindsight, I can see that where I was let down was on-the-job training. I did work with some guys that were very good at sharing their knowledge, but many just couldn’t be bothered or too wrapped up in themselves. As a result, you just had to learn as best you could. My own experiences shaped me a lot as a trainer and made me develop some quite radical views about our education system and how we train young people in the workplace. I would advocate Work Experience at 15, but make sure this was actually “Work” and not just photocopying. I would also ensure that this “experience” is linked to the student’s chosen career path. Finally, not 2 weeks but 2 months to ensure a full interaction with that chosen career. As we have raised awareness regarding Health & safety I would raise awareness in the workplace regarding the importance of sparing some time to pass on skills to young people. I would also make it easier for more mature candidates to enter the industry. Oh well, some other time I suppose.
I have now made a bit of progress in preparing for the 18th Edition, but will need to maintain progress as there will be a lot of folks wanting to do this next year.
Bookings in November are just as lively as usual (just spent the week running around like a loony, at one point driving from a venue in East Oxfordshire at 4 o’clock in the afternoon to Caerphilly in Wales in preparation for training the next day). December and January are looking just as busy so at this rate I shall be thinking of booking another holiday before too long.
Well that’s my belated report for October. And remember, that dopey kid at work might not be quite that dopey, perhaps he or she is a little bit deaf.

11 Comments to Blog for October:

Anonymous on 22 December 2017 19:40
You have made a great effort in making this post. Please keep us updated with more unique content, the articles are really a great source of information. gymnastic mats for sale in UK

Marlon on 05 January 2018 07:36
Thank you very much sharing a very good post about a very good topic. Thank you very much for sharing it. To get safety flooring click to the link

Claudia on 20 April 2018 10:48
I like this blog post too much because i got my desired information here. Thanks a lot for this good post. Oval Labels images

professional cv writing on 10 May 2018 14:24
I am sorry to hear that. Hope that everything is alright with your health now, friend.

uk best essay on 18 October 2018 10:54
May God bless you with health so don't you worry at all things will be fine soon. Everything happens for good reasons I believe so try to be happy in life all the time in any case.

d on 10 January 2019 06:45
d

4 part Auto Service Forms NCR Forms on 15 January 2019 06:43
It's such an amazing information, thanks a lot for sharing kind of information. Your Web page gives the best and the most interesting information. Thanks a ton once again.

Joppy Robert Saerang on 16 January 2019 03:56
, saya menjawab bahwa saya tidak sendirian, tetapi bersamanya. ling 4 agen steel sheet pile distributor astm a283 c distributor pipa boiler distributor plat abrex 400 distributor plat asme516 grade70 distributor plat astm a285 c distributor plat astm516 70 distributor plat boiler distributor plat hb 400 distributor plat high strenght distributor plat high tensile sm490 yb Distributor plat kapal besi baja Distributor plat kapal besi baja undangan pernikahan klub bola Agen besi beton undangan pernikahan kalender Toko Wiremesh Distributor Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Distributor besi unp baja Supplier besi beton perwira Harga plat kapal besi baja Harga plat kapal besi baja undangan pernikahan cetak undangan pernikahan coklat Toko Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Supplier Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Harga besi unp baja Supplier besi beton PAS Jual plat kapal besi baja Jual plat kapal besi baja Agen stainless steel www.pusatbesibaja.co.id undangan pernikahan arab Toko Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Agen Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Jual besi unp baja Supplier besi beton master steel ms Supplier plat kapal besi baja Supplier plat kapal besi baja Agen atap spandek www.pusatbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan kalender Toko Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Toko Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Supplier besi unp baja Supplier besi beton ksty Toko plat kapal besi baja Toko plat kapal besi baja Agen baja ringan undangan pernikahan custom Toko Besi Wf Jual Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Toko besi unp baja Supplier besi beton krakatau steel Agen plat kapal besi baja Agen plat kapal besi baja Agen bondek Toko besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir undangan pernikahan klasik Toko Besi H beam Harga Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Agen besi unp baja Supplier besi beton jcac Pabrik plat kapal besi baja Pabrik plat kapal besi baja Agen Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Toko besi beton sii undangan pernikahan batik Toko Besi Beton Pabrik Pipa Besi baja Schedule sch 80 Pabrik besi unp baja Supplier besi beton interworld steel is Distributor besi siku baja Distributor besi siku baja Agen besi siku Agen besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan www.sentrabesibaja.com Distributor Pipa Besi baja Distributor besi h beam baja Supplier besi beton gunung garuda

buy book reports on 23 February 2019 14:32
Your article is so useful for us,thanks. Good stuff!

Derek on 08 August 2020 17:28
This is something that I wanted to share with you Best 15 August Status

John E. Ferry on 24 September 2020 11:35
An inspirational mentality can go far in an office. You ought to have the option to laugh at yourself when something doesn’t go very as arranged; this makes a glad and solid workplace, in any event, during occupied, unpleasant periods Click Here To Know More.