Oh well, it doesn’t seem possible that only 8 weeks ago I was travelling through Spain with my commanding officer, and now Christmas is approaching fast. I think most sparkies have an in-built fear of Christmas due to those blasted tree lights. And really whether they be lamps wired in series or LED versions they are all a pain in the backside. My wife/CO really has a thing about lights at Xmas. Our tree has 2 x sets of 400 LEDs strings and you nearly need welding goggles to look at the thing, I would prefer just a few lights and more traditional baubles, but who am I to state a preference?
Anyway, back to business. Where has Ted been this month? Since arriving back from Spain I have been working every day (although supposedly semi-retired). I have been to Knightsbridge, Whitehall, Caerphilly, Bournemouth and Horley. I even spent a week training in Witney, Oxfordshire, working on my doorstep for a change.
Leading up to Christmas my order book is still pretty full and January and February are starting to fill up now.
Now don’t get me wrong because I like Christmas. I actually enjoy Christmas (apart from the visiting). What I don’t like is the first few months of the new year. This time of the year always makes me think of Douglas Adams’s “Long dark tea-time of the soul” it’s damp, dark, cold and thoroughly miserable. That’s when my thoughts turn back to long days involving sea, sand and sun. One day we may relocate to Spain. The climate is much healthier and as my very good friend and old boss Adrian Hickinbottom used to say “warm sun on old bones Ted”.
During the course of November I ran a couple of Inspect & Test along with PAT courses that I hadn’t done for a while due to spending more time with maintenance courses. So going back to these with a fresh eye was very useful and prompted me to re-hash these courses and develop new training materials.
As stated earlier, I have a full diary of work for December and that’s aside from the social occasions. My first Christmas dinner is on the evening of December the 1st so you can be assured that by the 25th I may well have reached saturation point.
I always try to end my blog with a little note of kindness, so I with regard to Christmas I do like to look beyond the commercial side and consider those that are less fortunate than we may be. I hate all the bullshit advertising campaigns that provide £250k salaries for executives, and I particularly dislike misguided fundraising that prolongs civil war in Africa. I really do believe that charity begins at home and as usual, I will be subscribing to local causes.

10 Comments to Blog for November:

student essay writ on 21 May 2018 18:24
Hope the New Year will bring a lot of happiness and new experiences around your life. I feel always great to be here at your page. And it is always a great feeling to read the amazing chapters of your life. Stay blessed!

is papersowl com legit on 22 June 2018 11:48
Blog that are concern about traveling are the one that I use to read most of the time and it is only for the purpose of knowing about new places. Such places are always worth of visiting them once you are aware.

writingjobz.com review on 25 June 2018 10:12
Instructors is a saint in and they do numerous sort of work for their understudies. They know whether they not give them a decent exercise then he can't make their future best. Also, on the off chance that he do this then he can make his future best.

Jhon on 16 July 2018 10:01
Good post. Thank you very much sharing a very good post about February,March,April,May,June and November blog. Carry on it. horse mats

Jos Parengkuan on 16 January 2019 03:56
"Kamu tidak ke mana-mana." Apakah kamu selalu begitu link 5 distributor plat high tensile sm490ya distributor plat kapal distributor plat stainless ss304 distributor plat stainless ss310 distributor plat stainless ss316 distributor plat sumihard distributor round bar besi aisi 440s45c distributor round bar scm440 distributor steel rail distributor steel sheet pile jual astm a283 c undangan pernikahan kalender Jual besi hollow Jual besi hollow Toko besi siku Toko pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Supplier Besi H beam Agen Wiremesh Besi baja Jual plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton master steel ms Supplier besi hollow Supplier besi hollow Toko pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Toko besi hollow undangan pernikahan ada fotonya Supplier Besi Beton Toko Wiremesh Besi baja Supplier plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton ksty Toko besi hollow Toko besi hollow Toko Plat besi Toko besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan aneh www.sentrabesibaja.com Jual Wiremesh Besi baja Toko plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton krakatau steel Agen besi hollow Agen besi hollow Toko besi h beam Toko besi wf baja undangan pernikahan amplop Pabrik Welded Beam T beam King Queen Cross Castellated Beam Harga Wiremesh Besi baja Agen plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton jcac Pabrik besi hollow Pabrik besi hollow Toko besi wf Toko besi unp undangan pernikahan batik Pabrik Bondek Cor Pabrik Wiremesh Besi baja Pabrik plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton interworld steel is Distributor pipa besi Distributor pipa besi Toko wiremesh Toko besi siku undangan pernikahan murah Pabrik Atap Spandek Sni Distributor Besi Siku Baja

q on 15 May 2019 07:12
q

petterson on 07 September 2019 10:33
Thanks a lot for the article.Really looking forward to read more on cheap dissertation writing service about the students writing problems.

Jerry D. Kramer on 21 February 2020 09:34
For any person to be buying a home might be the most important investment in his life. There is not only financial funding but also you consider this home to hold up any time, to be secure, and to be in an awesome community with good colleges Click Here For More Information.

david on 19 June 2020 16:14