Blog for July

Okay Folks, here we go with my blog for July.

First off I had my half-year tax bill from the IR, the robbing swine’s. But I can’t really complain, if I hadn’t earned any money, I wouldn’t have to a tax bill. So I’m only a victim of my own success.

Apart from that (which sent me off in search of a stiff drink) I have remained just as busy in July as I was in June. I am still whizzing round the M25 (as and when whizzable) and seem to do a regular loop involving Horley, Dagenham and all points in between. I sometimes wonder if I might reach maximum speed for a “Slingshot” trajectory to Mars.

One thing you will notice on the roads these days is the amount of smoke coming out of people’s cars/vans while “Vaping”, Bloody hell, they must be straining to see in there! I gave up smoking in 1999, I didn’t use any drugs, plasters, hypnotism or voodoo. I just stopped. One thing I try not to do is preach to those who can’t give up because I can appreciate how addictive this habit is. But when I see people “Vaping” I can’t help but feel revulsion for the amount of smoke these things seem to generate and also feel sorry for how deluded these people are – they are still taking smoke into their respiratory system and that can’t be good. If you want to stop, and you may have had many failures but at the end of the day you must want to stop and you will know when you are ready to stop. But my advice is simple – just stop. If necessary avoid all those triggers that you associate with smoking; Beer, Coffee, Friends that smoke. If you can stop for 24 hours you can stop for life. The first day is the worst, after that you will do a week, then a month and so on. You will then find you can face those “Triggers” again but this time not feel the need to have the smoke that you used to crave. And of course your breath, hair and clothes will smell sweet again. The downside is you will probably start to eat more as your taste buds return to normal so you may well put on a little weight. But like Doc Brown said in BtF1 “I thought, what the heck”.

In spite of being busy, I had some extra time off halfway through the month and used it to catch up with paper work and a bit of equipment maintenance. One thing I had to change was the wiring to the 13A plug tops I use for test instrument and maintenance training. For this I use 13A plug tops with a 3-terminal section of chocolate block araldited to the top to make easy access for probes etc. Now when I first made these (x 4) I was a bit short of wire and just used whatever colours came to hand. Consequentially, some were wired in Orange, Green/Yellow and Black or Red, Green/Yellow and Blue. Now you would have thought that as we are dealing with mature students they would easily be able to take on board these colours and relate them to the more usual Brown, Green/Yellow and Blue. I should have known better. One thing I have learnt in my teaching life is that some people cannot accept any deviation whatsoever. If the drawing does not line up precisely with the example some students go into “Hyper-wobble” like some kind of mental Dalek – staggering around mumbling “Does not compute, Does not compute”. I actually think the cure for this condition is a smack round the head with a length of 4” x 4”. It’s the same with calculations. When working through an example, if the results do not exactly tally some guys cannot function. So when preparing worked examples you have to spend a lot of time making sure the calculations line up exactly or have a baseball bat ready to administer some common sense with.

I can’t remember if I mentioned it previously, but it’s worth mentioning again. While doing work on a test rig recently I was horrified to find that an RCD in fairly common use was stuck on and did not trip on the x1 test. I have of course come across this in the field before but this was a unit that is often used and should be pretty loose. It reminds me that it is an insurance company recommendation for all circuit breakers (in Industry and Commerce) to be “exercised” every 18 months. I think this makes good sense as I am aware of many installations wired by me and protected by circuit breakers that have not been switched off for several decades. So, when you are putting together Maintenance Packages please remember to include “exercising” those breakers.

I have just received a request for basic electrical training in August at a company I used to work for, so standby for my August report to see how that went.

In the meantime may your god go with you and try to be nice before going for the baseball bat option (but I do think that even God would sometimes say “pass me that bat!”).

13 Comments to Blog for July:

juulwraps on 16 October 2017 01:39
Good luck Dude. Hope you will be able to get some special skills at your training. This will be one of your most efficient works to develop more aspects in learning for consultancy.

Robart on 04 January 2018 13:20
This blog is very good blog here. You have done a very good work here to share this post. Thanks and keep it up. trolley wheels

Andreson on 16 April 2018 12:18
Yes i have read this great story of July. I am really very impress to see this wonderful post. You are doing very well job. electrical safety matting

Davels on 18 April 2018 05:58
Happy to see your usable stuff you have shared with everyone through this post. Thanks for such post and keep it up. has made a decent showing here to put all the data substance and data at one spot.. sound proofing mats UK

smith on 19 April 2018 09:24
Really great and interesting post. I love it a lot and impressed your working style. You have done very well job. Thanks and keep it up! trolleywheelsco.co.uk

ukbestessay info on 19 August 2018 11:04
This is so amazing spring show.I am eagerly waiting for some good event after completion of my this project.Just keep sharing more updates.Thank you.

HypeWraps on 23 October 2018 02:44
Keep your positive attitude up dude! I know you'll do great and everything will be okay in Gods time and in God will. Thanks for sharing this Blog.God Bless

halpa replica rolex kellot on 24 December 2018 16:07
I never heard about this kind of brand of the tea.

occasion breitling montres on 31 December 2018 06:39
Outstanding article! Yoga gives us many physical benefits.link

Joni Yoesoef on 16 January 2019 03:55
beli pil, tetapi belum menemukan apa pun yang dapat ditaini ke 20 Supplier plat besi hitam Toko besi wf Toko besi wf Toko stainless steel Agen besi cnp undangan pernikahan akrilik Supplier Wiremesh Jual Plat Kapal Besi baja Toko plat besi hitam Pabrik besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen besi wf Agen besi wf Toko atap spandek www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Supplier Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Harga Plat Kapal Besi baja Agen plat besi hitam Pabrik besi beton sii Pabrik besi wf Pabrik besi wf Toko baja ringan Pabrik besi hollow Toko besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan online Supplier Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Pabrik Plat Kapal Besi baja Pabrik plat besi hitam Pabrik besi beton psi Ulir Polos Distributor besi hollow Distributor besi hollow Toko bondek Toko bondek undangan pernikahan modern Supplier Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Distributor Wiremesh Besi baja Distributor plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton perwira Harga besi hollow Harga besi hollow Toko Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Toko wiremesh undangan pernikahan unik dan murah Supplier Besi Wf Supplier Wiremesh Besi baja Harga plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton PAS Jual Jaket Parka Jaket Parka undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Pabrik Welded Beam Pabrik Welded Beam Jual atap spandek

replique de montre on 30 March 2019 17:12
It is very helpful and informative.

sofa country on 04 September 2019 05:25
hey... It's good to see you again after months. You must upload the stuff quite often for your readers. I am glad to know that you pay your taxes and don't find them a burden.

best ceramic electric griddle on 04 May 2020 10:34
this electric countertop hot plate heats up quickly, is easy to store and transport due to its lighter weight and very flat surface,