Blog for March

Ok Peeps,here is my blog for March and as usual late. Since Christmas I have been quite busy on the training business with a fair bit of travelling around as well. I have also been fairly busy at home in the last round of refurbishment and redecoration. Now I work for myself I can make much better progress on this DIY stuff as I am not just limited to working at weekends. It does take commitment though to keep pressing on with these jobs when you would really rather have a day off. Still, like all things the end result is something that gives satisfaction.

Having got the house back up to scratch I am now looking forward to holidays, enjoying the garden, riding my motorbike and the occasional assignment. My favourite thing is family meals in the garden on a summer evening, as Pa Larkin would say “Perfick”.

The arrival of the 18th Edition is scheduled for July 2018 as we had hoped (might make it easier for us to remember when it came into force). Areas of change or development so far revealed are Arc Fault protection, Transient Overvoltages, Embedded heating systems and of course Energy Efficiency. Just as when the 17th was looming, I will now make this a number one study area. As a member of the IET I will get a draft copy (probably in July of this year) for comment and have my ten pence worth.

I will start to build lesson plans as soon as I see the draft and monitor for changes and developments up until the final release. If you do read my blog, I will advise those interested when and where courses will be made available.

Before I close I’m going to have a quick rant. I will probably get crucified for this but I am getting fed up with negative comments about the new qualifications that are replacing the 2391. We seem to get this every year with school exams as well - “GCSEs and A Levels are all getting easier” “Dumbing-down!” Why is it that certain people have to knock our youngsters at every opportunity? Could it not be that the kids are getting better at passing exams? I hear people saying “The 2391 was a real test of skill” well yes, it was a real test of electrical science. That’s why 50% failed the bloody thing. I took the 2391 so I speak with experience and I think it was unnecessarily too hard. A good exam or assessment must be achievable and I feel that the 2391 was being set by people who did not have actual experience of day to day Inspection and Test. I think they were setting questions that pleased themselves but were not in the best interests of developing a useful technician. This is the trap that an inexperienced trainer can fall into – making a lesson that the trainer likes but does not deliver any training.

However, if you look at the latest qualifications from EAL and C&G they are much more industry linked. I have spent quite an amount of time delivering and assessing these latest courses and I feel the level is spot on. So ok, rant over. I’d better take a Ramipril before bedtime and try to doze off doing Zs calculations in my head.

Ooh, one more thing. If you haven’t read it yet, I thoroughly recommend anything by Alan Lynch in his “Part P Doctor” series. Forget the Part P bit, the content is very relevant to our field, incisive and helpful.

In closing I will quote those words immortalised from “Hill Street Blues” – “Let’s be careful out there”.

7 Comments to Blog for March:

assignment help australia on 29 June 2018 04:01
This blog always shares the articles that entertain us and to spend the spare time positively. Looking forward to more and more articles from the writer. Keep sharing.

how to fix sound problems in windows 10 on 04 July 2018 07:13
Sound is the crucial feature and this type of problem creates after updating the windows 10 and it is the solver problem.

Trade Forms on 31 December 2018 09:17

Joice on 16 January 2019 03:55
"Orang-orang berharap untuk sisa hari-hari mereka." Ini mungkin keinginan untuk hidup. ini ke 17 Pabrik sch 40 Pabrik sch 40 Supplier Plat besi Supplier besi siku undangan pernikahan ala india Pabrik Besi H beam Pabrik Besi Unp Baja Pabrik besi wf Distributor besi beton psi Ulir Polos Distributor besi Pipa sch 80 baja Distributor besi Pipa sch 80 baja Supplier besi h beam Supplier Plat besi plat kapal Pabrik Besi Beton Distributor Besi Cnp Baja Distributor Besi Beton Distributor besi beton perwira Harga besi Pipa sch 80 baja Harga besi Pipa sch 80 baja Supplier besi wf Supplier besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan simple www.sentrabesibaja.com Supplier Besi Cnp Baja Harga Besi Beton Distributor besi beton PAS Jual besi Pipa sch 80 baja Jual besi Pipa sch 80 baja Supplier wiremesh Supplier besi cnp undangan pernikahan bermanfaat Distributor Welded Beam T beam King Queen Cross Castellated Beam Agen Besi Cnp Baja Jual Besi Beton Distributor besi beton master steel ms Supplier besi Pipa sch 80 baja Supplier besi Pipa sch 80 baja Supplier besi unp www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan islami Distributor Bondek Cor Toko Besi Cnp Baja Supplier Besi Beton Distributor besi beton ksty Toko besi Pipa sch 80 baja Toko besi Pipa sch 80 baja Supplier besi cnp Pabrik besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan amplop surat Distributor Atap Spandek Sni Jual Besi Cnp Baja Toko Besi Beton Distributor besi beton krakatau steel Agen besi Pipa sch 80 baja Agen besi Pipa sch 80 baja Supplier besi hollow Pabrik bondek undangan pernikahan bentuk dompet Distributor Plat Bordes Kembang Harga Besi Cnp Baja Agen Besi Beton Distributor besi beton jcac Pabrik besi Pipa sch 80 baja Pabrik besi Pipa sch 80 baja Supplier besi beton Sni Ulir Polos Pabrik wiremesh undangan pernikahan chinese Distributor Plat Besi Hitam Pabrik Besi Cnp Baja

daved on 25 March 2019 08:08
This post was very well written, and it also contains a lot of useful facts. I enjoyed your distinguished way of writing the post. Thanks, you have made it easy for me to understand.3 part Snap Forms

sims 4 cheats on 08 November 2019 06:19
I enjoy reading an article that can make men and women think. Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment! It's nice game sims 4 cheats

free coins and gems for golf clash on 06 February 2020 11:29
When we talk about this game, here are two types of currencies.