Ok people, I’ve been keeping on top of this blog business so I can make my post for November fairly early in December. And talking of bangs (that was a bit of a dodgy link wasn’t it!) I’m a bit disappointed to see that the 5th of November AKA “Firework Night” here in the UK is becoming more and more of a non-event and “Halloween” is taking precedence. Of course the reason for this is saleability – Shops and stores can dress up their staff and sell masks, capes and pumpkins by the ton. Compared to selling fireworks this is a much better proposal.

But let’s get back to those bangs. When I started my apprenticeship green sleeving was just coming in, rewirable fuses not circuit breakers were in the majority and, I am ashamed to say, the common idea of circuit testing was if you turned it on and it didn’t go bang, it must be alright. I’m pleased to say we have made great advances since then and things rarely go bang these days.

So where have I been this month? Well, Horsham, High Wycombe, Dagenham, Datchett and Southampton to name but a few. Several laps round the M25 (not including wrong turns). I only hope that if you could trace all the routes I took on to a sheet of paper it would spell out a rude word.

A few months back I reported that certain RCDs were permitted a disconnection time of within 300ms and promised to get back to on the whys and wherefores of this. Well it appears that this has been rumbling on for a number of years and you can see on a variety of IET forums that the answer is not exactly all that clear. I think the best that we can say is that the increased time limit is to accommodate the EN part of the standard that is after all a european standard (EN = European Norm =  approved by CEN, CENELEC or ETSI). At the end of the day though, this becomes academic as these devices usually operate at much lower levels than 300mS anyway.

So, what does December hold for me and Sparkyhood in general? Well for me, at least one viewing of the Griswolds “Christmas Vacation” and a nice series of multimeter courses in High Wycombe. A couple of electrical safety and Maintenance courses in Southend and Westminster. and there’s me hoping for a quiet month! We also enter the season of Christmas dinners with my first one being a charity event on December the 2nd. I have many more to follow after that, catching up with old chums etc and shall undoubtedly still be spitting feathers well into the New Year.

For all sparkies it will be the season of checking/repairing Christmas tree lights and running temporary supplies whether it be at work or home. And spare a thought for all of those on shift or on call over the festive season no matter what trade they are in. I remember going to church one Christmas day morning with the call-out phone in my pocket set to “Vibrate only” – it does take away a little bit of the Christmas spirit to say the least.

And to leave you all in the Christmas spirit, what's your favourite carol? Mine is "In the bleak midwinter", it may sound a bit of a dirge but to me it makes me think of what Christmas must have been like in this country not so long ago - bloody hard. Have a good one folks, put your tools away over the holiday and spend time with your family.

Evening all.

6 Comments to Blog for November:

best essay writing help on 19 July 2018 10:27
Individuals, for the most part, demotivates the private company that is a wrong idea. Today we see that each extensive and fruitful business began at the littler level once. This is an astonishing and exact article about the experiences of the independent company to clear the ideas of the general population.

speedy paper reviews on 30 November 2019 10:19
The year really passed by so quick. It is just 25 days before Christmas. I already hear Christmas carols being played on the radio and in stores. It really lets you feel that Christmas is just around the corner and that it is time to make that Christmas shopping list. I have to remember to do my Christmas shopping early to avoid the holiday rush. Thank God for online stores. It saves me the stress and hassles of shopping for all my presents in physical stores. With regards to your question about my favorite Christmas carol, it is the classic "Silent Night."

pay for assignment writing on 15 August 2018 10:06
Moving on with the time is the best thing that you are ever doing for living this life in the way you want too. On the other side disorganized workshop is the one thing that I also don’t like to have in front.

Johnny on 16 January 2019 03:53
"Rasa takut akan kematian dan kenangan akan tahun-tling12 undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Toko Plat Bordes Toko Plat Bordes Pabrik bondek Pabrik besi unp undangan pernikahan cantik Distributor Besi Hollow Jual Besi Hollow Baja Toko besi hollow Distributor besi beton Sni Ulir Polos Agen Plat Bordes Agen Plat Bordes Pabrik Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Pabrik besi siku undangan pernikahan simple Distributor Wiremesh Harga Besi Hollow Baja Agen besi hollow Distributor besi beton ais Pabrik Plat Bordes Pabrik Plat Bordes Pabrik besi siku Pabrik Plat besi plat kapal undangan pernikahan mewah Distributor Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Pabrik Besi Hollow Baja Pabrik besi hollow Distributor besi beton Distributor Wiremesh Besi Distributor Wiremesh Besi Pabrik pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Pabrik besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan cute Distributor Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Distributor Besi Beton Distributor pipa besi Harga Wiremesh Besi Harga Wiremesh Besi Pabrik Plat besi Pabrik besi cnp undangan pernikahan biru Distributor Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Supplier Besi Beton Harga pipa besi www.pusatbesibaja.co.id Jual Wiremesh Besi Jual Wiremesh Besi Pabrik besi h beam www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan buatan sendiri Distributor Besi Wf Agen Besi Beton Jual pipa besi www.pusatbesibaja.com Supplier Wiremesh Besi Supplier Wiremesh Besi Pabrik besi wf

Anonymous on 15 June 2019 13:47

Street View Online on 06 October 2020 01:13
 This is a great article and your blog is also very interesting. Thank you.