Ok Chums, here is my report for September so get yourself comfortable, grab a cup of coffee and have a relaxing read of my adventures.

Those of you who like me, have reached a certain age begin to appreciate our holidays more and more. Some may say that this is part of your persona preparing for retirement. Personally I think it’s because we couldn’t get away while we were working all the hours god sent. So, despite spending three weeks on the Queen Mary 2 in July it was time for this particular branch of the Barrett clan to partake of their annual meeting at a kind of centre-park in Spain.

Suffice to say the next week or so was very relaxing and my son, who is also an electrician, finally managed to forget work for a while and relax. And this is where I must admit my respect for the Spanish people, who at least those of the male line seem to have the ability to go into a “powered shut-down mode” or sleep as we know it, at the flick of a switch.

Now as I approach my dotage I seem to discovering my Mediterranean blood and getting better at this as well. That stupid old image of the lazy Spaniard though is completely wrong. I have the greatest admiration for the Spanish people and their way of life. I particularly appreciate their regard for Family. Because to me, Family is all important.

Anyway, the average Spanish construction site worker/electrician/plumber etc will easily be on site at six in the morning if not earlier. They will then work up to perhaps one o’clock or so then take that famous siesta for a couple of hours when the heat of the day has reached its peak, they will then pick up tools again at three o’clock and work through until seven in the evening.

When they get home they will have a massive family dinner at around ten o’clock with multiple courses (mostly fish). Kids as well will stay up late as they have also had a nap in the afternoon. And the process will then repeat again the following day. I love this approach to what we now call ”work-life balance”, it wouldn’t do for us Brits as we prefer the “Job & Knock” approach – that means get on site early, crash the job out as quickly as possible then go home (most UK buildings sites are empty by 3:30).

But if you think about it the Spanish way of life (and before I get postbags of mail saying “Its not like that anymore”, Yes I know it is changing, but only in the cities and then slowly – Jeremy Clarkson got very upset because Madrid closed down for the afternoon) it is a way of almost getting two days out of 24 hours.

Sadly the day to drive my son and family back to the aeropuerte came all too soon and they climbed in that big silver bird and headed back to Blighty.

Now you might think that this left myself and CO alone to contemplate the wonders of the Spanish wiring code. And you may consider that their methods are crap, but far from it. No cheapo twin and earth here. This is all wired in singles enclosed in flexible conduit, draw-in boxes are provided EVERYWHERE throughout the premises so rewiring, upgrading and repairing is a breeze. No ring circuits for builders to cock up, so none of the risks of cross-wiring etc and they have had RCDs for yonks. They don’t seem to go much on rigid conduit.

Another thing is the bricks they use in Spain are similar to what we used to call “Pots” and are essentially hollow terracotta blocks. This means say goodbye to that disc-cutter for chasing, just get out your tacking hammer and open up a seam to cement your boxes and conduit straight into.

And speaking of conduit, I am reminded of when I was in New York walking round the back of Bloomingdales I spotted a drop of 1” (US) conduit coming down to an external escape light with a huge sweeping bend back up into the fitting as if the conduit itself had a drip-bend in it, weird.

Anyway, we eventually trundled back to the good old U of K to several rounds of washing and lawn-mowing along with picking up the cats from the cattery.

And it didn’t take long before yours truly was back on the road again doing the training circuit. Before the end of September I had made visits to such exotic ports such as Bethnall Green, Dagenham and Culham – my life is just one social whirl.

7 Comments to Blog for September:

harry on 18 April 2018 07:31
So nice post I visit first time on this page I really excited to read your post, thanks for nice sharing I am also sharing this post on my friends.Comfortable Invoice forms

http://rush-my-essay.blogspot.com/ on 21 May 2018 18:42
Really amazing update found on your website that would be supportive and help people to boost knowledge. Your posts are quite powerful and would also help lots of people to learn through.

carbonlessformsco on 11 June 2018 05:40
You have provided good information. I would love to read more on such topics. Thank you very much for it and carry on it.order form wholesale

Johnlee Mailoa on 16 January 2019 03:52
secara pribadi. Ketertarikan pada nasib seorang wanitlink10 jual plat high tensile sm490ya jual plat kapal jual plat stainless ss304 jual plat stainless ss310 jual plat stainless ss316 jual plat sumihard jual round bar besi aisi 440s45c jual round bar scm440 jual steel rail jual steel sheet pile Supplier besi siku baja Supplier besi siku baja Agen besi h beam Agen pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan yang unik Supplier Atap Spandek Sni Toko Pipa Besi baja Supplier besi h beam baja Supplier besi beton bjku Toko besi siku baja Toko besi siku baja Agen besi wf Agen besi hollow undangan pernikahan ala jepang Supplier Plat Bordes Kembang Jual Pipa Besi baja Toko besi h beam baja Supplier besi beton Sni Ulir Polos Agen besi siku baja Agen besi siku baja Agen wiremesh Agen besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan arab Supplier Plat Besi Hitam Harga Pipa Besi baja Agen besi h beam baja Supplier besi beton ais Pabrik besi siku baja Pabrik besi siku baja Agen besi unp Agen besi wf baja undangan pernikahan ala jepang Supplier Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Pabrik Pipa Besi baja Pabrik besi h beam baja Supplier besi beton Distributor besi wf Distributor besi wf Agen besi cnp Agen besi unp undangan pernikahan bermanfaat Supplier Jual Besi Siku Baja Distributor Plat Kapal Besi baja Distributor plat besi hitam Harga besi wf Harga besi wf Agen besi hollow Agen besi siku undangan pernikahan ada fotonya Supplier Besi Unp Baja Profil Kanal Supplier Plat Kapal Besi baja Harga plat besi hitam www.pusatbesibaja.co.id Jual besi wf Jual besi wf Agen besi beton Sni Ulir Polos Agen Plat besi plat kapal undangancinta.com Supplier Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording Agen Plat Kapal Besi baja Jual plat besi hitam www.pusatbesibaja.com Supplier besi wf Supplier besi wf ironsteelcenter.com Agen besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan cantik dan murah Supplier Besi Hollow Toko Plat Kapal Besi baja Pabrik Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording Pabrik Besi Siku Baja Pabrik besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton Distributor sch 40 Distributor sch 40 Supplier atap spandek Supplier wiremesh undangan pernikahan bunga Pabrik Besi Hollow Distributor Besi Unp Baja Distributor besi wf Harga sch 40 Harga sch 40 Supplier baja ringan Supplier pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan islami Pabrik Wiremesh Supplier Besi Unp Baja Harga besi wf

kithy on 31 January 2019 10:43
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting Smile I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this! 4 part Plumbing Forms

q on 03 May 2019 07:38