Okay, that's August done and dusted. I already told you that I was at the best part of my working life, so that is why I’m off on holiday again for a couple of weeks in good old Espania. As luck would have it I had a fairly light month in terms of engagements but enough to pay the rent. For the record, I’ve done 1 x PAT course, 1 x Minor Works course, 1 day of a Inspect & Test course, 2 x Electrical Safety courses and 2 x AM2 Preparation courses. I’ve also had one visit to ENT to have my deaf ears cleaned and TV surveyed plus one visit to the dentist to have a holed filling removed, re-drilled (nice) and re-filled.

While doing a spot of maintenance on my test rigs with my old mate Mr Griffiths we discovered that the resistors in a certain assessment rig had gone out of spec in part of the circuit. This was a bit of a stinker to determine with any accuracy as the values of resistance are so low that surface resistance of a conductor can make a difference. Not only that, when a resistor is failing it becomes non-consistent, so the bloody values keep changing. Anyway when Mr Griffiths took his Burkini off (ah-ha, put that in there to see if you were paying attention). We eventually sussed that we had a batch of cooked resistors and the smell plus further testing confirmed this.

At the time of writing I have now upgraded these resistors to 10 and 25 Watt versions that I have mounted in a 300mm x 300mm adaptable box (for rear mounting on the assessment board as a retro-fit) and have just ordered 2 x 80mm fans for top and bottom fixing to the adaptable box – so let’s see if the candidates can bugger up these!

Oh, and only just found out that BS EN RCDS/RCBOs are allowed up to 300mS on testing (x1) but I remain unclear on the reasoning behind this so would be grateful for any enlightenment. I think we need to make a BIG thing of this as it could form the basis of a sneaky exam question. Particularly as the BS EN numbers quoted are our common types. I would like to know why the IET didn’t advise its members as to this change, so may well be stomping round to Savoy Place and rattle a few cages. The good news is of course, that these devices normally operate within tens of milliseconds so are normally well within limits. However, I will research this a bit more and publish my findings next month.

Meanwhile, if you happen to be in Spain and see a guy laid on the beach reading a copy of BS7671, you can quite happily kick him in the knackers cos that won’t be me (I will be the beach-bum chuckling under the shade of a palm tree!).

So in the style of the late and great Kenny Everett, stay safe my little chums, and I will give you another update at the end of next month.

7 Comments to Blog for August:

https://www.superiorpaperrs.com/ on 25 May 2018 17:17
For the month of August the blogger has written new and productive blogs. Such blogs are so good and readers can easily understand these types of blogs. I would ask my students to read and share this specific blog.

engineering homework help on 12 June 2018 13:14
On the off chance that I say that this page is in regards to the cutting edge innovation at that point is right and now-a-days the advanced innovation are turned out to be exceptionally dynamic that they make this compose wristband these groups are extremely astounding and great being used so those need to buy them they should get.

Math Assignment Help on 04 July 2018 11:42
Math assignment solver has made a name for themselves as a quality math assignment help provider all over the United States.

Assignment Help on 05 July 2018 09:14
Assignmenthelp.us brings to you a comprehensive solution with an assurance of peerless writing style, implemented in every paper.

John Williem Vanderwal on 16 January 2019 03:52
sendiri, atau tentang orang-orang yang menyentuhnya link 9 agen astm a283 c agen pipa boiler agen plat abrex 400 agen plat asme516 grade70 agen plat astm a285 c agen plat astm516 70 agen plat boiler agen plat hardox agen plat hb 400 agen plat high strenght agen plat high tensile sm490 yb agen plat high tensile sm490ya agen plat kapal agen plat stainless ss304 agen plat stainless ss310 agen plat stainless ss316 agen plat sumihard agen round bar besi aisi 440s45c agen round bar scm440 agen steel rail agen steel sheet pile distributor astm a283 c distributor pipa boiler distributor plat abrex 400 distributor plat asme516 grade70 distributor plat astm a285 c distributor plat astm516 70 distributor plat boiler distributor plat hb 400 distributor plat high strenght distributor plat high tensile sm490 yb distributor plat high tensile sm490ya distributor plat kapal distributor plat stainless ss304 distributor plat stainless ss310 distributor plat stainless ss316 distributor plat sumihard distributor round bar besi aisi 440s45c distributor round bar scm440 distributor steel rail distributor steel sheet pile jual astm a283 c jual baja h beam jual pipa boiler jual plat abrex 400 jual plat asme516 grade70 jual plat astm a285 c jual plat astm516 70 jual plat boiler jual plat hardox jual plat hb 400 jual plat high strenght jual plat high tensile sm490 yb jual plat high tensile sm490ya jual plat kapal jual plat stainless ss304 jual plat stainless ss310 jual plat stainless ss316 jual plat sumihard jual round bar besi aisi 440s45c jual round bar scm440 jual steel rail jual steel sheet pile pabrik astm a283 c pabrik pipa boiler pabrik plat abrex 400 pabrik plat asme516 grade70 pabrik plat astm516 70 pabrik plat boiler pabrik plat hb 400 pabrik plat high tensile sm490 yb pabrik plat high tensile sm490ya pabrik plat kapal pabrik plat stainless ss304 pabrik plat stainless ss310 pabrik round bar besi aisi 440s45c pabrik round bar scm440 pabrik steel rail pabrik steel sheet pile pusat astm a283 c pusat pipa boiler pusat plat abrex 400 pusat plat asme516 grade70 pusat plat astm a285 c pusat plat astm516 70 pusat plat boiler pusat plat hardox pusat plat hb 400 pusat plat high strenght pusat plat high tensile sm490 yb pusat plat high tensile sm490ya pusat plat kapal pusat plat stainless ss304 pusat plat stainless ss310 pusat plat stainless ss316 pusat plat sumihard pusat round bar besi aisi 440s45c pusat round bar scm440 pusat steel rail pusat steel sheet pile stockis plat hardox stockist plat astm a285 c stockist plat high strenght stockist plat stainless ss316 stockist plat sumihard supplier plat hardox plat stainless ss201 plat sphc po plat putih spcc sd plat hitam ss400 plat hitam sphc plat corten plat astm a36 plat alumunium plat abrex 500 plat abrex 450 plain bar pipa sch80 pipa sch40 pipa sch160 pipa sch120 pipa sch10 pipa medium galvanis perforated plate grating size galvanis expanded metal deformed bar besi wiremesh besi unp besi cnp besi baja wfbeam baja h beam

Stuart Broad on 31 December 2019 13:14
This article is very interesting and amazing. I am really impressed with your work. I want more similar topics about this post to increase our knowledge. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. Large selection london brick company

Assignment Help Chicago on 21 August 2020 11:09
Would you mind to get served by a global leader of Assignment Help New York? Of course not! Take a moment and get onboard to our World class assignment help writing services at a cost-effective price. Our writers serve to various locations & requisitions not only for Assignment Help Washington but also for Assignment Help Los Angeles & many more & they equally understand the importance of time and relevance of assignments. Both factors are essential to score good marks in your work but for that, you need to put your effort and time. If you have any issue or want to connect with experienced assignment helpers or search for someone to receive help with my assignment, you must visit our website.