My First Post - June 2016

I am very lucky to have the working life I now have. But they say there is no such thing as “Luck” and that in fact, we make our own luck. After all you can’t be lucky enough to win the lottery unless you buy a ticket. And my very good friend wouldn’t have been “lucky” enough to buy out the company he did his apprenticeship with unless he had worked bloody hard to make his own business the best in the area. So with me, I guess I can say all those years working on the tools and other roles within the electrical trade coupled with technical training and teacher training have made me “lucky” enough to be where I now am. The downside is that I am now nearing retirement. However, I do plan to keep on going for as long as I can and past what would be normal retirement age. I suppose I should add that I am a bit of an Obsessive/Compulsive and to go above and beyond the realms of normal effort is not at all unusual for me.

So, what a couple of weeks I have just had: three days in Ashby-de-la-Zouch (my son said I was making that name up) running a Machine Maintenance course, three days in an Oxford College delivering a Minor Works course, a couple of days training in a food processing plant in Dagenham and two days at a bonded warehouse (Site Maintenance course) in Surrey where I technically left the UK. In between that I have probably done several laps of the M25 delivering 1-day events.

If I am travelling over about 50 miles from Oxford I will normally stay overnight to ensure that I can get straight to the training venue without delay and that I am fresh and ready to deliver. Therefore I do tend to spend a few days each week away from home.

So it came about that I was in Erith (London) a week or so back when I realised that I hadn’t got all the components required to complete the two training boards that needed to be finished that weekend. This revelation came to me at five o’clock in the morning at Belvedere Travelodge. Now as an aside, I am a big supporter of McDonalds (there I’ve said it and can’t un-say it) but I am. I will say straight off that you are not gonna get fat eating McDonalds – there just ain’t enough to get fat on! You would have to eat an awful lot! I think that people who knock McDonalds have probably never had one (they are probably the same lot who made up stupid jokes about the Millennium Dome – but look who’s laughing now!) Also where can a working guy go to get something to eat at six o’clock in the morning? And god bless them – don’t want a hash brown? – have a fruit bag instead. Internet access? – no problem. I can’t even get internet access in f@#ing Travelodge without paying extra for it.

But I digress, I need to get the missing components for my training boards to be completed at the weekend and I’m on a very tight schedule. I’m due to kick off training at the venue at 08:30 so its breakfast at McDonalds and a search of the (FREE) internet for a local electrical wholesaler who opens early. I found one by the name of Thames Electrical who opens at 07:30 and motored round to their warehouse. I was a bit wary being away from my home patch but the guy there was brilliant, they had everything I needed and the prices weren’t silly so I was very well pleased (and feeling a bit more optimistic for the weekend).

I can also update this tale by saying that I later realised I had forgot one part and bought two 32A MCBs when I should have bought 1 x 32A and 1 x 20A, Bugger! So it came to pass that the next day (2 days training in Dagenham) I am back round to the wholesaler at 07:30 updating my order and the guy happily exchanging parts for me. So hats off to Thames Electrical for sensible opening hours, fair prices and helpful staff – well done guys!

In two weeks’ time I am off on holiday (Cruise to NY and back) and as usual, I subscribe to the opinion that going on holiday is hard work. We need to complete various projects, ensure arrangements are in place for work/meetings. Finish decorating, cancel the milk, cats in cattery, turn off the fridge, cancel the cats, put the milk in the lottery. I shall be glad to get away!

In closing this report, I can reveal that all training mentioned was completed without mishap, the boards were completed (and used with great success) and that no animals were harmed in the process. Oh, and also – don’t try this at home.

14 Comments to My First Post - June 2016:

essayontime review on 09 July 2018 19:22
I believe luck is a great factor.. but hard work definitely pays off some day somewhere! your first post is very interesting and I am glad it all went well. will be looking forward to your future posts.

Lena Tompson on 22 July 2018 06:16
For a limited time we have lowered the rate on targeted website traffic. We have visitors from virtually every country on Earth. Each visitor is targeted by both country and keywords that you submit when you start your free trial period. If you need more visitors or product sales try our service free for seven days and we will send you 500 free visitors during the trial. There are no contracts and if you cancel during the trial period you will not be charged anything! Start your trial today: http://stpicks.com/2rusd Unsubscribe here: http://stpicks.com/2ruse

Danielle Doi on 14 September 2018 11:38
For a limited time we have lowered the rate on targeted website traffic. We have visitors from virtually every country on Earth. Each visitor is targeted by both country and keywords that you submit when you start your free trial period. If you need more visitors or product sales try our service free for seven days and we will send you 500 free visitors during the trial. There are no contracts and if you cancel during the trial period you will not be charged anything! Start your trial today: http://duckshop.co/1f1p Unsubscribe here: http://stpicks.com/2ruse

123helpme.com review on 13 October 2018 07:48
Drink in broad daylight is the title of this article. In an opportunity to show up in the exam of article composing I could keep in touch with some new focuses.

Francis Cushing on 28 October 2018 19:33
For a limited time we have lowered the rate on targeted website traffic. We have visitors from virtually every country on Earth. Each visitor is targeted by both country and keywords that you submit when you start your free trial period. If you need more visitors or product sales try our service free for seven days and we will send you 500 free visitors during the trial. There are no contracts and if you cancel during the trial period you will not be charged anything! Start your trial today: https://38x.de/92sj7 Unsubscribe here: https://twe.lv/gg

Hybride warmtepomp on 12 November 2018 00:37
Speedily this excellent website may possibly irrefutably always be well-known amidst virtually all blogs folks, due to careful articles or blog posts or maybe testimonials.

Chape on 12 November 2018 07:37
That'sthe purpose marketing and advertising which you ideal groundwork before making. Additionally it is achievable to write down improved upon submitting using this.

Isabella Macintosh on 20 November 2018 17:53
For a limited time we have lowered the rate on targeted website traffic. We have visitors from virtually every country on Earth. Each visitor is targeted by both country and keywords that you submit when you start your free trial period. If you need more visitors or product sales try our service free for seven days and we will send you 500 free visitors during the trial. There are no contracts and if you cancel during the trial period you will not be charged anything! Start your trial today: http://s.miku.moe/jbpuz Unsubscribe here: https://twe.lv/gg

Karissa Hidalgo on 08 December 2018 18:06
For a limited time we have lowered the rate on targeted website traffic. We have visitors from virtually every country on Earth. Each visitor is targeted by both country and keywords that you submit when you start your free trial period. If you need more visitors or product sales try our service free for seven days and we will send you 500 free visitors during the trial. There are no contracts and if you cancel during the trial period you will not be charged anything! Start your trial today: http://ralive.de/201z Unsubscribe here: http://2url.de/1alt

Denisha Odoms on 06 January 2019 03:23
For a limited time we have lowered the rate on targeted website traffic. We have visitors from virtually every country on Earth. Each visitor is targeted by both country and keywords that you submit when you start your free trial period. If you need more visitors or product sales try our service free for seven days and we will send you 500 free visitors during the trial. There are no contracts and if you cancel during the trial period you will not be charged anything! Start your trial today: http://y.rxhnet.de/2w6y Unsubscribe here: http://sp7.site/8

John Joseph Franklin on 16 January 2019 03:52
"Kenapa dia hidup?" Dasha bertanya padaku, dan aku tercengang.ling 7 jual baja h beam jual pipa boiler jual plat abrex 400 jual plat asme516 grade70 jual plat astm a285 c jual plat astm516 70 jual plat boiler jual plat hardox jual plat hb 400 jual plat high strenght jual plat high tensile sm490 yb Pabrik Wiremesh Supplier Besi Unp Baja Harga besi wf www.pusatbesibaja.co.id Jual sch 40 Jual sch 40 Supplier bondek Supplier besi hollow undangan pernikahan ada foto Pabrik Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Agen Besi Unp Baja Jual besi wf www.pusatbesibaja.com Jual Jaket Parka Jaket Parka Jual Jaket Parka Jaket Parka undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Jual besi hollow Jual besi hollow Toko besi siku Toko pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Supplier Besi H beam Agen Wiremesh Besi baja Jual plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton master steel ms Supplier besi hollow Supplier besi hollow Toko pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Toko besi hollow undangan pernikahan ada fotonya Supplier Besi Beton Toko Wiremesh Besi baja Supplier plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton ksty Toko besi hollow Toko besi hollow Toko Plat besi Toko besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan aneh www.sentrabesibaja.com Jual Wiremesh Besi baja Toko plat kapal besi baja Pabrik besi beton krakatau steel Agen besi hollow Agen besi hollow Toko besi h beam Toko besi wf baja undangan pernikahan amplop Pabrik Welded Beam T beam King Queen Cross Castellated Beam Harga Wiremesh Besi baja Agen plat kapal besi baja Distributor besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton gunung garuda Harga pipa besi Harga pipa besi Toko besi unp Toko Plat besi plat kapal undangan pernikahan online Pabrik Plat Bordes Kembang Supplier Besi Siku Baja Harga besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton delcoprima Jual pipa besi Jual pipa besi Toko besi cnp Toko besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan anti mainstream Pabrik Plat Besi Hitam Agen Besi Siku Baja Jual besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton cakra steel cs Supplier pipa besi Supplier pipa besi Toko besi hollow Toko besi cnp undangan pernikahan cantik dan murah Pabrik Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Toko Besi Siku Baja Supplier besi siku baja Pabrik besi beton bjku Toko pipa besi Toko pipa besi Toko besi beton Sni Ulir Polos www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan unik Pabrik Jual Besi Siku Baja

Annetta Harvill on 12 May 2019 14:14
For a limited time we have lowered the rate on targeted website traffic. We have visitors from virtually every country on Earth. Each visitor is targeted by both country and keywords that you submit when you start your free trial period. If you need more visitors or product sales try our service free for seven days and we will send you 500 free visitors during the trial. There are no contracts and if you cancel during the trial period you will not be charged anything! Start your trial today: http://y.rxhnet.de/2w6y Unsubscribe here: http://y.rxhnet.de/5kfw

pay for college essay online on 18 June 2019 13:20

Assignment Help on 30 July 2020 08:29
Assignment help Australia offers affordable and reliable assignment help to students across Australia. All the specialised services can be availed in any simple or complex task of any subject or course at an affordable price thereby meeting the expectations of students looking for quality assignment help within some budgetary constraints. Convince yourself only after looking at the list of our free samples talking of our quality and expertise.